City of Aurora Civic Center Authority Board met January 28.
City of Aurora Civic Center Authority Board met Jan. 28.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
Present: Jonathan Hylton (JH), Gina Moga (GM), John Savage (JS), Mike Baum (MB), Kevin Fitzpatrick (KF), Peter Grometer (RPG), Cynthia Latimer (CL), Tom Weisner (TW). Tim Rater (TR), Erika Miller (EM). Absent: Chris Goerlich Weber. Guest: Joel Friend-Director of Sales and Corporate Relations; Jennifer Hahn-Director of Special Events, and Dave Natche- Facilities Operations Director. Patty Stefanski recording minutes.
Called to order at 4:04 pm Motion to approve minutes made by RPG, 2nd by CL and unanimous in favor.
Joel Friend-Director of Sales and Corporate Relations
• Joel presented to the board a proposed Corporate VIP Program which allows area businesses and corporations to purchase discounted tickets at the beginning of the season for Paramount Broadway performances. The Board will be encouraged to promote the program within their friends and business associates. See handout.
NIC/Copley Renovation Presentation-Erika Miller, Dave Natche, Jennifer Hahn
• The top three design proposals for the NIC/Copley Renovation were presented as well as a full explanation of how the process was conducted. See handouts. It was noted by EM that staff consulted a rep from the City of Aurora and used the same process that the City uses for similar projects.
• Board members were asked to review materials and be ready of offer direction at the February board meeting.
• GM suggested that, when calling the references, staff asks if the project came in at budget. JH recommended also calling past clients who were not on the provided reference lists.
• November and December financials were presented and discussed. See handouts. ELF came in better than budget. A motion to approve financials was made by MB, 2nd by KF, roll call taken and unanimous in favor.
• Bid opening results for wireless mics and NEXO speakers was presented. See handout. Motion to award bid to the lowest qualified bidder per staff review and recommendation made by JS, 2nd by GM, roll call taken and unanimous in favor.
• Arts Centre Update:
o TR asked the board for direction regarding the passage from the restaurant to the theatre and the board was in agreement providing that the cost of said passage was in the general building budget and not coming out of ACCA costs. See handout. o Several prospects from Caton Commercial Real Estate Group were presented. See handouts. It was also noted by JS that Farmhouse has moved on from considering this location.
• The new artwork for AUGUST RUSH was presented. See handout.
• PAC Balcony renovation feasibility study update-staff is still gathering information.
• Programming update-offer status was presented and discussed. See handout.
• Capital Campaign Update-TW presented the board with copies of the prospective donor folders for their reference and to hand out.
• CL inquired about a meeting of the Personnel Committee and it has been put on the schedule for June 27 at 3pm.
Motion to adjourn at 5:27pm made by KF, 2nd by GM