City of Elgin Sustainability Commission will meet April 19
City of Elgin Sustainability Commission will meet on Friday, April 19.
Here is the agenda provided by the commission:
A. Welcome & Introduction of new individuals
B. Other persons present
This is an opportunity for community members, who aren’t members of the work group, to speak for two minutes on topics related to this work group’s charge.
C. Action item: Review, revise & approve March 2019 meeting minutes
D. Discussion: Review progress on ACTION ITEMS from previous meeting (see January 2019 meeting notes)
1. Erik Anderson* 2. Peter Gorr* 3. Bryan Miko**
4. Deb Perryman* 5. Tim Solarz* 6. Robin Migalla*
* Please keep your progress report regarding your action items from the last meeting (see March 2019 meeting notes) or other solar-related activities brief and approximately 2-3 minutes in length.
** If you weren’t at March meeting, please be prepared to share in less than 1-minute with which solar project(s) you’d like to lend a helping hand in the next 30-days. Or what you’ve accomplished since the last meeting.
E. Discussion: Going from Solar Workgroup 1.0 to Solar Workgroup 2.0 (Erik Anderson)
1. Review/revise/adopt One-Page Business Plan to guide “workgroup reset”
• Solarize group buy
• Solar for All
• Public education efforts (e.g. Speakers Bureau?)
2. Developing public scorecard for solar metrics
3. Volunteer prospecting/recruitment
F. Update: Solarize group buy project with CUB and MREA
1. Securing location for third Solar Power Hour (Deb McMullan)
2. 2019 Farmers Market promotion efforts (Erik Anderson)
3. Addition of fourth Solar Power Hour (Erik Anderson)
G. Discussion: Where are we at with SolSmart
Since Kiko cannot attend this meeting, we’re asking him to submit a written report or email progress report in advance of this meeting, so the workgroup can discuss what if anything is left to do with regards to this project (e.g. assist with developing/reviewing/revising online solar landing page, last minute documentation, etc)