CITY OF ST. CHARLES: Structure Fire 1809 Cambridge Drive
City of St. Charles issued the following announcement on Jan. 14.
At 2:22 P.M. on Sunday, the St. Charles Fire Department was dispatched to a reported fire in an attached garage at 1809 Cambridge Drive. Firefighters were on the scene by 2:27 and found a small fire in the garage. The homeowner had extinguished most of the fire before firefighters arrived on the scene. Firefighters extinguished the remaining fire, checked for any fire extension and ventilated smoke. There were three occupants at home at the time of the fire and all three were checked by paramedics. None required transport to the hospital. There were no injuries to firefighters. The fire was discovered after the homeowner smelled smoke and investigated the source. He then made the 911 call. The cause of the fire is being attributed to improper disposal of ashes from the fireplace. Fire loss is estimated at $25,000 to the structure, a vehicle that was parked in the garage and contents. The St. Charles Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Geneva, and Batavia Fire Departments.
Original source can be found here.