Kane County Development Committee met January 2
Kane County Development Committee met Jan. 2.
Here is the agenda provided by the committee:
1. Call to Order
2. Public Comment
3. Building & Zoning Division
A. Zoning Petitions
Petition #4482 PLATO TOWNSHIP
Petitioner: CLCTC 69460 (Creek Partners/SunVest)
Location: Southeast corner of the intersection of Rohrsen and Rippburger
Roads, Section 15, Plato Township (05-15-300-024)
Proposed: Special Use in the F-Farming District for a commercial solar-electric (photovoltaic) system
2040 Plan: Resource Management
Objectors: Area property owners
Recommendations: Regional Planning Comm.: N/A
Zoning Board: The Board voted four “aye” and three “nay” to the petition. The concurring vote of five (5) members shall be necessary to decide in favor of the applicant.
That the Special Use be granted subject to the following Conditions and Guarantees for Special Uses for Solar Utilities:
As part of county Board Approval:
Fencing, Screening, Setbacks
Minimization of Glare
Undergrounding of Utilities
As a condition for Issuance of Permits:
Emergency Services Plan
Top Soil Preservation and Ground Cover Planting
Maintenance Plan for Equipment and Grounds
Agricultural Mitigation Agreement with the Illinois Department of Agriculture
That the Special Use be granted subject to the following stipulations:
1. The Kane County Water Resources Department will require a stormwater permit for this development.
2. An Engineer’s report will be required. If the peak flow for the site with the proposed development is increased, stormwater detention will be required for the development.
3. Protection of the tile system that is in place, including replacement in kind for the aged 10” concrete pipe (that runs east-west) that serves as conveyance with impacts on both the upstream and downstream properties.
4. In order to fully understand the conveyance of this system, Water Resources will be requiring further study of the upstream and downstream connections and flow capacity of this system.
5. As part of this protection, observation structures should be installed and all lines connected into this pipe preserved, repaired or replaced as needed.
6. There is a drainage issue to the north and south of the property that impacts the property owners. Water Resources is requiring as part of this development drain tile be installed running from the far north east corner of the property and along the south property line into the 10” conveyance pipe (that runs east-west), to relieve these areas of flooding issues.
7. Plantings within the development will not interfere with drain tiles. Many of the native low growing plantings have long root systems that can interfere with tile systems and cause off site issues including surcharged drain tiles and blow outs of the drain tile systems.
8. Eighty percent (80%) vegetative coverage for plantings will be a requirement for the site.
9. A 33 foot half right of way shall be dedicated along Rippburger Road.
10. Access location to be approved by the Plato Road Township Commissioner.
11. If approved, the setbacks for fencing and panels from all property lines will be as indicated on the dimensioned site plan dated and revised 6/15/2018 except as stipulated in stipulation #12.
12. A 300’ setback for the solar panels from the property lines adjacent to residences.
13. Completion of a glare study.
14. Partnership with the local emergency services to understand the facility.
15. Consultation with the Township and the various other entities concerned about the water and drainage.
16. A decommissioning bond deemed sufficient by the County.
Development Committee: To be determined