Algonquin Community Unit School District 300 Board Finance Committee met November 6.
Algonquin Community Unit School District 300 Board Finance Committee met Dec. 6.
Here is the minutes provided by the Committee:
Joe Stevens, Dr. David Scarpino, Susan Harkin, Jason Emricson, Claudette Russell, Jayce Bolhous, Paul Welden, Fred Heid, Dan Opels, Donna Bordsen, Eberto Mora and Raymond Jess – Enterprise Fleet Management
1. Call to Order
Meeting called to order
Dr. Scarpino called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
2. Approval of previous meeting minutes
The October 2, 2017 meeting minutes were approved as presented.
3. Discussion Items
3. 1. Activity Busses-Leased Contract
Susan Harkin, Chief Operating Officer, presented a proposal to lease two activity buses. This proposal was made to accommodate requests from coaching staff to have access to additional activity buses at DCHS and HHS. In addition, other groups such as AVID would be able to use them for college visits, the music and art department could use them to take small groups to events and not be limited by the availability. The lease is less than <$25k and does not meet the Board threshold.
3. 2. Fleet Management Services Contract Dan Opels, Executive Director of Buildings, Grounds and Facilities, introduced Raymond Jess from Enterprise Leasing. Mr. Jess presented to the committee a proposal for fleet management services. The Operation Team has looked into fleet management services due to the large number of vehicles that the buildings and grounds department deploys on a daily basis. The cost to continue to maintain and replace vehicles in an aging fleet is quite costly for the District. The proposal would help the District address the need to replace 7 aging vehicles in our fleet, in a cost-effective method. The recommendation will be brought to the board for approval.
3. 3. Computer/Laptop Request for Proposal (RFP) Jason Emricson, Executive Director of Technology, and Paul Welden presented a proposal for replacement of approximately 4,500 desktops/laptops in service throughout the District. The district went out for RFP and Paul explained the process followed analysis the bid results and products. Mr. Stevens expressed concerns about the RFP process and the number of vendors that submitted proposals. He has requested that we reach out to vendors to find out why they did not respond and to provide this information as well. This proposal will be brought back to the Board Finance Committee.
3. 4. Employee Benefit Contracts Susan Harkin, Chief Operating Officer, reviewed the employee benefit contracts up for renewal. In principle, the coverage being recommended for approval is consistent with past practice and collective bargaining agreement requirements. We are currently shopping life and AD&D insurance carriers. We will be bringing back the results of that RFP with an effective date of January 1, 2018. We expect the new carrier to match our previous year's rates. The final recommendations will be brought to the board for approval.
3. 5. Treasurer's Report Susan Harkin, Chief Operating Officer, shared the Treasurer’s Report.
3. 6. 2017-18 Draft Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Susan Harkin, Chief Operating Officer, reviewed the CAFR and informed the committee that the Auditors would be attending the next Board Finance Committee to present an overview for the members.
4. Public Participation
The next Board Finance Meeting is scheduled for Monday, December 4, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 4:59 p.m.